Westwood Elementary School is in
the first group of renovation projects. Westwood has
completed various renovations, modernizations, and additions
because of Proposition U funding.
Westwood Elementary School was built
in 1971 and has a current enrollment of 984 students.
The principal: Mike Mosgrove.
The school features
a circular campus with a central learning resource center,
student service center, and computer lab.
This scope of work included:
- Utility upgrade/efficiency improvements
- Renovate/upgrade restrooms
- Add classrooms and resource areas
to accommodate class size reduction and replace portable
- New library in the old multipurpose
- New community joint-use multi-purpose
- Modernized classrooms, with lighting,
power/data, flooring, and marker boards
- Renovated/expanded staff work area
- Added a computer laboratory
- ADA upgrades/compliance
- New Food service and lunch shelter
- Site/playground improvements for
safety and code compliance
- Add/upgrade furniture and instructional
communications and fire alarm systems
Construction crews accomplished an
amazing amount of work during 2005. It was a busy year
for builders, staff and students.....and we did it together.